Ethics forms and guidelines
Ethics Forms (Applicants)
To make an Ethics Application you will need to complete the following:
- Ethics Application Form
- Participant Consent Form
- Organisational Consent Form
- Health and Safety Risk Assessment for Ethics Applications
- Health and Safety Compliance Declaration for Ethics Applications
- Ethics Overseas Background Information Form
- Data Privacy Notice for Research Participants
- Research Participant Information Sheet for Indirectly Collected or Re-Used Personal Data
Ethics Application Section 1 and 6 - Collaboration and Data Protection: for collaborative projects where Roehampton is not the lead/ projects approved elsewhere. If using another institutions ethics application documents (rather than needing to complete the Roehampton application form) please also complete this document.
Ethics Response Sheet: the Ethics Response Sheet should be used when sending revised documents in response to any conditions set.
Amendment Form. If your project requires minor changes after it has received ethics approval then you will need to compete the Ethics Minor Amendment Form to notify the University of your changes (if there are substantial changes, a new application may be required).
Ethics Form (Internal form for School/Faculty Use)
To process an Ethics Application Schools/Faculties must complete the following Ethics Approval Form and send this to the Ethics Officer (Jan Harrison):
Guidelines and Further Information
- Ethics Guidelines
- Data Protection Guidance for Researchers
- Data Protection Impact Assessment (Template and Guidelines)
- Assessment Process Flowchart
- Animal Experimentation: Guide to Research and Ethics
- Code of Good Research Practice and Research Integrity
- Health & Safety Risk Assessment and Compliance Declaration Guidance